.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Donald Lathrom

Friday, March 03, 2006

Editorializing

I received an email recently suggesting that I over-editorialized in the June, 1993 material. It's a valid point. The material was written in a state of considerable agitation designed with one overriding purpose: to keep me alive. A hate campaign that I had assumed would dissipate had continued to grow almost exponentially. Writing and distributing the material was an act of desperation, which I didn't really expect to have much effect. Remarkably, it worked. To my surprise and relief, the response was almost immediate. Slowly, almost imperceptibly, individuals started to seek me out. Although for many it was an opportunity to gloat or mock me, the majority were clearly motivated by curiosity or compassion. Over time the numbers acting out against me declined dramatically. Quite obviously, although damaged, I am still here.

Although I am prepared to defend everything in the June, 1993 material, I am well aware that there are instances of speculation, excessive judgmental characterizations and intemperate language. Although I remain furious that I have had to spend twenty years as I have, that my life has been systematically dismantled and that I am still without a resolution to this outrage, I promise to be more measured in subsequent posts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home